Network Policies and Guidelines
Guidelines are written for use across the network and consist of general guidance of a non-clinical nature as well as ones specifically written for use in clinical practice.
These guidelines seek to standardise appropriate areas of practice and care, improve quality and outcomes and are based on the best and most up to date evidence available and expert opinion drawn from representatives across the network. All are ratified and signed off by the Network Executive Board after following the agreed process and under the scrutiny of the Network Guideline Working Group.
Once published below they are designed to be used and followed by all units subject to periodic revisions as laid out in each and/or when new research becomes available. They are designed to supplement and compliment, not directly replace, and exisiting local trust policies unless unanimously agreed at board level where they are of a clinical nature.
- Network Policies
Network Clinical Guidelines
South West Neonatal Network Ratified Guidelines
- Guideline for Tube Feeding
- Guideline for the Use of Donor Breast Milk
- Guideline for Caffeine Use in Preterm Infants
- Guideline for the Management of Infant of Mother with Thyroid Disease
- Guideline for the Use of Probiotics in Preterm Babies
- Guideline for the Care Pathway for Infants requiring Laser Surgery for Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Guideline for Skin to Skin
- National Guidelines
- Guidelines Opt Out Form
Parent Information Leaflets
A parents guide to understanding: Nasogastric Tube Feeding your Baby
A parents guide to understanding: Apneoa and Bradycardia of Prematurity and Treatment with Caffeine
A parents guide to understanding: Donor Breast Milk
A parents guide to understanding: Use of Probiotics
A parents guide to understanding: Treatment for Retinopathy of Prematurity
A parents guide to understanding: The Care your Newborn Baby will recieve in the case of Maternal Thyroid Disease
- Parent Competency Documents