Aims of the SW Neonatal Network
The aims of the South West Neonatal Network are:
- To provide a safe, high quality service for special neonatal care workloads across the Network region and seek to improve outcomes for all babies born and cared for within it.
- To develop and implement seamless neonatal clinical pathways for mothers and their babies across the region.
- To develop and implement common neonatal clinical practice guidelines and policy across the region.
- To maintain a framework for demonstrating the attainment of minimum quality standards, the implementation of continuous quality improvement and adequate risk management in special and intensive neonatal care across the region.
- In collaboration with the Region's Specialist Commissioners at the NHS England, to agree the appropriate allocation of capital and revenue for neonatal care across the Network.
- To ensure that the input of parents and families is valued and considered in all aspects of the Network's work.